Honey can reduce damage from swallowing button batteries

To small children, button batteries can look like tempting candy treat. But swallowing these batteries can result in serious injuries and even death, with their ability to burn through a child’s esophagus in a matter of hours. Acting quickly is key, and researchers have now found the best approach to take before the battery can be removed at a hospital is regular servings of honey…
Continue Reading Honey can reduce damage from swallowing button batteries

Category: Health & Wellbeing




Related Articles:

Additives keep lithium-ion batteries from catching fire

Samsung explains Galaxy Note 7 battery fault, outlines new safety checks

Coating makes swallowing batteries safer for curious kids

Printable solid-state PRISS battery to change the shape of battery technology

Tesla Gigafactory takes shape and, spoiler alert, it’s huge already

Researchers create sodium battery in industry standard “18650” format

The message will be closed after 20 s